Hello and Welcome to Queen's Speech!
My name is Rachel and I this is my 6th year as an SLP in the public schools.
Other SLP related info:
- 2016-Lecturer for the Department of Speech-Language Pathology at California State University- The Role of Cultural Diversity in Schooling
- 2015- Clinical Supervisor for Bilingual Preschool Summer Clinic through California State University of San Marcos.
- Supervisor for Clinical Fellows, as well as 1st and 2nd year SLP graduate interns.
- 2015 Award for Outstanding Service in Special Education North Inland Southern California SELPA
- Use of Fidgets in the Classroom
- Role of the SLPs in Schools
- Bilingualism and the implications on assessment and treatment
ALL ABOUT ME
I've been married for two years (but we dated for 10!)
I currently live in San Diego County, very close to the gorgeous beach! California girl born and raised!
Love my family!
Pets: Bindi and Hula Moo our Jack Russell
Terror Terriers! Are they not just the CUTEST!?
My favorite color: green
Favorite musician: John Mayer
In my free time:
- I craft: embroidery, cross-stitch, crochet, knitting and glitter, puff paint, water color, sketching, did I say glitter?
- I walk all the time and I am obsessed with my FitBit.
Favorite Animal: snails, yes...snails
- When things are organized I am happy!
- I love the smell of wet concrete after it rains.
- Favorite movie is Some Like It Hot
- If I could eat one food forever it would be mac n cheese!
How did Queen's Speech come about?
I started this blog in December 2012 because I wanted to share my crafty ideas related to Speech-Language Pathology. I quickly found that I enjoyed this big community of SLP bloggers. So often we get stuck on our "Speech Island" and don't share all our great ideas!
I posted my Objective Binder in January 2013 just to share pictures of my room and a reader suggested I sell it. Thus my TpT store was born! Shortly thereafter I joined the Facebook world!
I do this because I enjoy it and want to share my ideas with you! I also find that it helps me stay motivated and up to date in my therapy.
Like my ideas? If you share you must ALWAYS give attribution to this site, as http://www.queenspeechtherapy.com and it’s author, Rachel Nortz, M.A., CCC-SLP.
For more important information read the disclaimer: here
share this on »